image1 image2 image3

I don't find time to exercise. I make time for it.



That's my secret–plain and simple. Working out is one of the most important part of my day. And I plan to continue living this way because it makes me happy and feel good about myself.

Ever since I was a young girl, I've always enjoyed moving my body. From dance to sports to cheerleading, I just find it really fun to have something to do that's not sitting or lying down. But nine years ago, I had to say goodbye to sports and dancing when I started working in the corporate world. I spent two-thirds of my life doing both and as soon as I hit my mid-twenties, I noticed a big change in my body that made me panic and feel scared.

I easily ran out of breath, my knees felt pain when I stand for too long, I felt heavier and my clothes just wouldn't fit me anymore. I needed to get back in shape.

I know it's important to accept how I look and not be influenced by ridiculous beauty standards, but I love my body enough to know that I must take care of it. And even though some workout felt a bit daunting at first (hello, circuit training) I learned to incorporate exercise in my life in a way that gives me absolute delight.

Yoga is Love. Boxing is Power.
I started practicing yoga more in 2012 and it helped me become better both mentally and physically. In a previous post I listed down the reasons why I loved it.  In 2014 I tried running (even though I used to hate it so much) and it showed me a different way of refocusing my energy and clearing my mind of stress. This year, to improve my endurance and build more strength in my muscles, I tried my hand in boxing and core conditioning. I feel empowered every time I box, just like when I danced in college.


I don't have a perfect body and it's really hard for me to develop some of my muscle groups. But this only drives me to work and play harder in the gym. My fitness journey continuously evolves as I grow old and the things I get from working out goes well beyond my physical fitness.

It excites me as much as traveling or eating and so I decided to start documenting my journey and share it to more people through my blog. Inspiring other people and close friends to start working out also gives me a kick--like I'm doing something with a bigger purpose in my life. ;)


You might think that I'm lucky to have enough time in my hand right now to regularly workout, but I wouldn't say that I didn't consciously decide on it. This is a choice that I put effort and time everyday. Taking care of myself is top priority, and for as long as I can, I will integrate it in everything that I do.

On my next post, I will share some of the gyms and fitness centers that I have tried in Manila. I hope you, too, will find a fitness program that you will enjoy and love. =)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment