image1 image2 image3

Ilocos Under the Sun

It was dead in the middle of June but I thought I'd melt during a short trip to Ilocos. And boy, is it faaar from Metro Manila. I never thought I'd enjoy the trip because frankly, I felt the place didn't make up for the heat and the effort to go there. Some people love summer, some people not so much. I know now that I should plan my summer escapades really carefully.

Ilocos is a nice place, but my love for Palawan and Boracay is still unmatched. It was a good thing I went there with a fun-loving bunch that never runs out of energy. For the longest time I've been really curious about Ilocos and been wanting to go there. Sadly, my first trip kind of disappointed me.

The Sand Dunes and Bangui Windmills were breath-taking, yes. The beaches were okay, but don't expect Palawan quality sand and scenery. Ilocos food is delicious and the country roadside and views sure are healing. Make sure that your vehicle is super comfortable and you have enough energy to last the long drive. Vigan is beautiful at night but I feel that it's too small for its tourism potential. They could offer more cultural experiences, in my opinion. The Marcoses' properties were not amusing. That's all I can say about them.

All in all, my trip to Ilocos was okay. If not for the terrible heat, I would've enjoyed it more. I'm pretty sure we missed a couple more good places to refresh and enjoy the weekend. Maybe the 3-day stay was too short.

A little boost in tourism facilities will definitely improve the experience of going there. Will I go back? I don't know, my bags are packed for my third Palawan trip.









Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment