image1 image2 image3

I GAVE MY HEART TO THE ANGKOR WAT


The first time I laid my eyes on the expansive facade of the majestic Angkor Wat, I knew in a heartbeat that I was falling in-love with Cambodia. Siem Reap brushed my face with its fresh January breeze and took my breath away with its magical beauty and old, imposing energy. 

Walking through the structures, I felt like I'm traveling back through time and living the stories inside the complex right under my feet. The experience hit me in a good way; it's like a reminder of why it’s such a wonderful thing to be alive—to experience a piece of history in the flesh and marvel at the beauty that took thousands of year to make--to see remnants of great nations and stories even after countless years have passed. 

The Angkor Wat was one of the most amazing places I've seen in my life. 



I didn’t choose to have a tour guide inside the Angkor complex so I was only able to appreciate its beauty and history by what my eyes saw. The next day, a visit to the National Museum made up for the missed history lessons of the temple tour. 

I climbed half of the temples I visited and marvelled repeatedly at the view of the historical landscape, sweat pouring down my face and heart beating fast inside my chest.







Even the shadows cast by the balustrades and the carvings on the temples were poetic in their own right. If you don’t get awe-struck when you see the grandeur of the many temples in Siem Reap, then there must be something wrong with you.

Bantaey Srei




Preah Khan


Many times I felt jealous of the richly preserved culture and history of Cambodia. To see such memorials of the past was an unbelievable experience, and I have to give thanks to the people who made it possible for visitors to visit the complex. It was as though the trip was healing my soul and rejuvenating my love of life. It was all very spiritual. 

Baphoun Temple

The popular filming location and inspiration for the movie Lara Croft, Preah Khan was brimming with energy with every ruin and every uprooted tree in its expanse.







Outside Bayon






Sunset view from Phnom Bakheng












I'm pretty sure I will be visiting Cambodia once again. Angkor Wat, to this day, is still my favorite historical destination.



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment